Sunday, July 27, 2014



Hayden
OTCH Montagues Vintage SunRunner, UDX3, OA, OAJ, RA, CC, TT, CGC.    

AKA “Bubba”

February 3, 2000 – July 2, 2014

I know it’s been a long time since I’ve updated my blog.  It wasn’t because there was nothing to report, there was lots going on.   Sometimes it’s just hard to find the time to sit down and organize everything that I want to share here.  But now I have to share something that I never wanted to have to, although I always knew this day would come eventually.

On Wednesday, July 2nd I had to say goodbye to a dog who was so much more than just a dog.  He was my friend, my partner, my confidant, my Baby Boy.  He was from the first litter I bred.  His personality developed early and he had eyes only for me even as baby puppy.  I loved that boy with every inch of my heart.  He  wasn’t happy unless he was next to me.  I always joked that he’d never be happy until he could actually crawl inside my heart; which he did, if not physically, then emotionally.

 During the years of his obedience career he was always in the Dalmatian Club of America’s “Top Ten/Top Spots” for obedience competition, sometimes at the #1 spot.  We were invited to compete at the AKC Invitational numerous times but were only able to attend two years.  He placed in the Non-Sporting group both times.  The best compliments I received about him in the ring were about how happy he was being in the ring with me; tail always wagging, big doggy smile on his face, looking up at me.  As long as we were doing it together he was a happy boy, whether it was obedience competition, agility, Rally, or just being a couch potato.  He was my heart.

 Sometimes I can barley breath right now, I miss him so much.  My life will never be the same without him.  Our bed feels almost empty without being sandwiched between him and Dave.

 Sleep softly, my sweet Baby Boy.  I will always keep you in my heart.  You will be with me every time I step into an obedience ring with one of your kids or grandkids, and someday great-grandkids.

 Exercise finished.  Good, good boy.  Enjoy your heavenly cheeseburgers, the Lord knows how much you deserve them.



Just a few of the thousands of pictures I've taken of him over his lifetime.

 Hayden was the orange collared boy.  Here he is, right in the middle, bellied up to the milk bar.

 About three weeks old, talkin' to his mama.


 He always thought he was just a tiny baby boy and would curl into some very cozy places.


 He and his mama, Haley.  2006


Hayden loved yogurt and I always let him lick the lid and shared the cup with him at dog shows.
On October 1, 2006 Hayden finished his Obedience Trial Championship "OTCH" title under judges Chris Cornell and Bob Margolis.  Also in the picture is our incredible trainer, Dee Dee Anderson.
 
He was a handsome guy, even into his older years.
Your mama loves you, Baby Boy, best and best & some more and some more.
You are my heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment